Flightcharter.com.au arranges charter flights and private jets in Port Douglas & throughout Queensland
Looking for Port Douglas charter flights? You have come to the right place! Whether you need to fly to, from, or get a return trip with a Port Douglas jet charter, we will get you on the right private plane for the right price. At Flight Charter, we have Australia wide access to all private jets and charter planes for different budgets and requirements. Charter flights Port Douglas can be arranged for business, leisure, or any other reason. Get flexible, bespoke solutions that are tailored to you.
Arranging a Port Douglas air charter has never been easier.. hint: we’ll do it for you! At Flight Charter, we have 40+ years of experience within the aviation industry and have arranged thousands of chartered flights since the company was founded.
The are a variety of reasons why people need Port Douglas charter flights. We frequently have requests for business air charters, medical private planes, scenic private flights, pet jets, luxury private jets and more.
To get a price estimate, simply enter your travel dates and the start / end destinations in the search bar for your charter flight Port Douglas.
Experiencing Port Douglas
Port Douglas is a popular destination for charter flights. If you are after a relaxed and carefree holiday that checks the entire boxes one seeks in a tropical escape, including rainforest and stunning reefs, Port Douglas is sure to rank highly on one’s list of destinations. The city serves as the perfect base for the exploration of some of the country’s best natural wonders such as the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. As one might expect, snorkelling and diving are considered as staples of the Port Douglas experience. A Great Barrier Reef scenic flight via private jet is one of the most popular and memorable experiences you can have. Port Douglas also features strings of boutique shops and restaurants in town, making Port Douglas is a very desirable holiday destination. Contact us today to discuss your private jet hire needs and get a charter flight quote.
Top Travel Destinations in Port Douglas
Port Douglas is a quality escape holiday destination and one of the most popular gateways to the Great Barrier Reef. Here are some of the must-visit destinations while you are exploring the city:
- Captain Cook Highway: Captain Cook Highway comprises of an extremely scenic asphalted road that extends alongside the coast located in Queensland. Earning the title of being one of the best coastal drives in the world, you will be able to cruise along the coastline between the two major centres that provide access to a beautiful range of unpopulated beaches.
- Wildlife Habitat: Wildlife Habitat is a top attraction that allows visitors to immerse themselves in the natural environments of Port Douglas. They will be able to find out more about Australian wildlife, including Lorikeets, parrots, and more.
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary: The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary was founded by Charles and Pip Woodward. They were the pioneers of rainforest tourism via their Army Duck Tours, Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience, and Koala & Wildlife Park. The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary was added during Charles and Pip’s expansion plan in 1981. At the popular attraction, visitors have the opportunity to get up close and personal with Kuranda wildlife, including over 2,000 species of butterflies such as the majestic green and yellow Cairns Birdwing, electric blue Ulysses, and the Monarch butterfly.
- Rainforestation Nature Park: Located in Far North Queensland, the Rainforestation Nature Park is an all-weather and kid-friendly attraction. It is the base of the popular Army Duck Rainforest tours on both water and land, the iconic Australian animals from the Koala & Wildlife Park, and the unforgettable Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience.
- Ballyhooley Steam Railway: Ballyhooley Steam Railway is an historic train service operated by a locally owned family company. The attraction features a leisurely one hour trip and offers a panoramic view over the Harbour, the tropical mangroves of the Daintree mountain ranges, and more. Visitors will be able to learn more about the local history and heritage, which will be shared through stories of the dedicated team of railway enthusiasts.
- Four Mile Beach Lookout: Also known as 4 Mile Beach, this is a major attraction of Port Douglas. It is a prominent access point to the beach located at Macrossan Street, which is the main tourist district of Port Douglas. If you are up for a little walk. climbing the stairs at the northern end of the attraction will lead you to places with lovely view. You may be pleased to know that the walk is also fully cemented and hand rails are available as well. Don’t forget to check out the Flagstaff Hill Lighthouse as well. It can be found at the western side of the rocky outcrop.
- Douglas Shire Historical Society: The Douglas Shire Historical Society meetings happen on the first Monday of every month. You will have the chance to visit historic sites and attend presentations pertaining to local history. Some of the places include the Former 1879 Port Douglas Court House, St. Mary’s by the Sea, Buchanan’s Family Hotel, The Red Road at Davidson Street, and many more.
- Mowbray National Park: You will be able to pass through coastal rainforests and acacia forests, and enjoy picturesque views of the mouth of Mowbray River and the Big Mowbray falls. The interesting thing about this destination is that it is also used by local walking enthusiasts who are preparing to trek in the Kokoada Trail and Himalayas.
Luxury Accommodation in Port Douglas
There is a wide range of accommodation gems to choose from when you travel to Port Douglas. You may wish to consider staying at one of the options below after your chartered flight:
- Niramaya Villas & Spa
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments
- Reflections of Port Douglas
- Monsoon Villa B
- Coconut Grove Apartments
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort
- Mandalay Luxury Apartments
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Peppers Beach Club
Airports in Port Douglas for Private Jet Charter
A majority of the airports located in or near Port Douglas can be used for private jet charters. Here are the main, active airports that can be used for your upcoming trip:
- Cairns Airport: Cairns Airport is a leading regional airport in Australia. It provides air links to an array of international and domestic locations. The airport has the capacity to handle more than five million passengers each year, as well as the facilities to service general aviation flights and helicopter operators. Cairns Airport features a single asphalt runway in the 15/33 direction.
- Mareeba Airfield: Mareeba Airfield is an airfield located approximately 8km south of Mareeba, Queensland. The airfield was first established in 1942 and was used as a US Army Air Force base. Mareeba also has an elevation of 475m above mean sea level and features a single asphalt runway in the 10/28 direction.
- Innisfail Airport: Located at Innisfail, Queensland, Innisfail Airport is a public airport operated by the Cassowary Coast Regional Council. With an elevation of 14m above mean sea level, Innisfail Airport also features one clay and one asphalt runway that are designated in the 03/21 and 14/32 direction respectively.
- Townsville Airport: Also known as Garbutt Airport or Townsville International Airport, Townsville Airport is a major Australian regional airport that can handle up to 1.7 million passengers on an annual basis. Doubling as a civilian and defence facility, Townsville Airport is serviced by major Australian domestic and regional airlines. It currently has an integrated terminal building as well as two asphalt runways designated in the 01/19 and 07/25 direction.