Flightcharter.com.au arranges charter flights and private jets in Canberra & throughout the Australian Capital Territory
Looking for Canberra charter flights? You have come to the right place! Whether you need to fly to, from, or get a return trip with a Canberra jet charter, we will get you on the right private plane for the right price. At Flight Charter, we have Australia wide access to all private jets and charter planes for different budgets and requirements. Charter flights Canberra can be arranged for business, leisure, or any other reason. Get flexible, bespoke solutions that are tailored to you.
Arranging a Canberra air charter has never been easier.. hint: we’ll do it for you! At Flight Charter, we have 40+ years of experience within the aviation industry and have arranged thousands of chartered flights since the company was founded.
The are a variety of reasons why people need Canberra charter flights. We frequently have requests for business air charters, FIFO chartered flights, freight and equipment charters, medical private planes, scenic private flights, flights with pets, luxury private jets and more.
To get a price estimate, simply enter your travel dates and the start / end destinations in the search bar for your charter flight Canberra.
Get a 5 star experience with Flight Charter – read what our clients are saying about us on our private jet reviews page.
Canberra is a popular destination for charter flights. It is Australia’s capital city and a hidden gem that provides an exceptional travel experience for both visitors and locals alike. It is home to an annual hot air ballooning event – the Canberra Balloon Spectacular – the longest running event of its kind and sure to provide a unique experience while you are vacationing in the city. What’s more, Canberra offers visitors a once in a lifetime experience as the nation’s capital is all about wildlife. For example, you can book a unique accommodation experience at the Jamala Wildlife Lodge. All that separates you from an animal such as lion is a glass panel! If you are travelling to Canberra via private jet, you have come to the right place. Here’s a quick guide to help you understand Australia’s capital city a little better. Contact us today to discuss your private jet hire needs and get a charter flight quote.
Top Travel Destinations in Canberra
Canberra is home to a wide range of attractions that suit individuals of all ages. Want to know some of the must-visit travel destinations in Canberra? Check these out:
- Australian National Botanic Gardens: Visitors will find one of the largest living collections of Australian flora at the Australian National Botanical Gardens. An Australian rain forest, a rock garden, a range of regional flora from Sydney, various eucalypt species are some of the featured displays here. Apart from being a must-visit destination, this is place for constant scientific research as well.
- National Arboretum Canberra: At National Arboretum Canberra, there are over 90 forests of rare, symbolic, and endangered trees from Australia and around the world. The 250-hectare site also features a range of botanical beauty such as the living artworks in the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection. For a better experience, there are interactive displays, guided and self-guided tours. The Gallery of Gardens is the latest installation that features a living mosaic of unique gardens on the Events Terrace.
- Questacon (The National Science and Technology Centre): Over 200 hands-on experiences are available at Questacon’s eight interactive exhibitions. The destination is suitable for visitors of all ages and its exhibitions cover a range of science topics, including zoology and astronomy. The National Science and Technology Centre is a Gold Australian Tourism Award Winning tourist attraction for visitors to enjoy some of Canberra’s best tourist experiences.
- National Zoo & Aquarium: The National Zoo & Aquarium in Canberra is home to some of the world’s most amazing creatures. The zoo features a variety of exotic and native animals, including bears, tigers, monkeys, penguins, and giraffes. At the National Zoo & Aquarium, visitors are also able to check out the largest inland saltwater tank in the country. Other interesting hands-on animal experiences visitors can get involve getting acquainted with meerkats, patting a cheetah, and even feeding a bear!
- Telstra Tower: The Telstra Tower offers spectacular 360-degree day and night views of Canberra’s region. Visitors will be able to feel the wind in their hair on the open viewing platforms or enclosed viewing gallery (perfect for winter months). The Panorama kiosk makes an ideal place for a break and a good cuppa. As the 195 metre Telstra Tower provides essential communications facilities for the national capital, visitors will be able to trace the history of the country’s telecommunications at the Heritage Museum.
- National Dinosaur Museum: The National Dinosaur Museum is an awesome destination for dinosaur enthusiasts of any age. The museum is located in Gold Creek Village, Canberra and features one of the largest permanent displays of prehistoric life and dinosaurs in the country. Visitors will be able to wander through many lifelike models in the landscaped Dinosaur Garden and discover how dinosaurs evolved. Some of the robotic dinosaurs here breathe, blink, roar, and move! Getting closer with the beings that walked on the Earth before us has never been easier.
Luxury Accommodation in Canberra
There are many places in Canberra that offer accommodations that ensure a good night’s sleep. You may wish to consider staying at one of the options below after your chartered flight:
- Apartments by Nagee Canberra
- Aria Hotel Canberra
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge
- La Rouge Woden
- Hotel Kurrajong Canberra
- Hotel Realm
- Hyatt Hotel Canberra – A Park Hyatt Hotel
- Mantra on Northbourne
- Avenue Hotel Canberra
- Burbury Hotel
- Canberra Rex Hotel
- Hotel Hotel’s Design Icon Apartments at NewActon
Airports in Canberra for Private Jet Charter
Canberra features a large selection of airports that can be used for private jet charters. Here is a quick look at the airports that serve the city as well as those located in nearby regions:
- Merimbula Airport: Located about 120 miles away from Canberra, Merimbula Airport features a single asphalt runway designated in the 03/15 direction. The airport is situated at an elevation of 1200 feet above sea level and is often favoured by private aircraft users.
- Moruya Airport: Moruya Airport is located approximately 70 miles away from Canberra. The airport has two runways made of bitumen and asphalt respectively, and they are designated in the 05/23 and 18/36 direction.
- Canberra International Airport: The main airport serving the capital city is Canberra International Airport. Featuring two asphalt-covered runways, which are designated in the 12/30 and 17/35 and directions, Canberra International Airport is the eighth busiest airport in Australia. Overseeing more than 43,000 aircraft movements, the airport serves nearly four million passengers annually.
- Wagga Wagga City Airport: Located less than 95 miles away from Canberra, Wagga Wagga City Airport is a public/military aviation facility that features two runways that are designated in the 05/23 direction and 12/30 direction. Since its inception, Wagga Wagga City Airport has been serving an average of 200,000 passengers annually.
- Cooma Snowy Mountains Airport: Cooma Snowy Mountains Airport is located in New South Wales, and is approximately 70 miles away from Canberra. The airport is also located close to the Australian Alps and the Snowy Mountains, which are popular tourist destinations. Cooma Snowy Mountains Airport features one asphalt runway and gravel runway that are designated in the 18/36 and 14/32 direction.