Flightcharter.com.au arranges charter flights and private jets in Cairns & throughout Queensland
Cairns is a popular destination for charter flights. It is billed as the world’s safest tropical city. The city is located in the Tropical North Queensland and it is one of the places in Australia where one can acclimatise and prepare for a tropical adventure. The tropical climate in Cairns attracts quite a number of tourists annually who enjoy the several idyllic tropical sandy bays in the city. The attractions in the city include steaming rainforests and palm-fringed beaches which makes Cairns a famous honeymoon destination for newlyweds. If you are travelling via private jet to Cairns, you will love how easy it is to do so. Contact us today to discuss your private jet hire needs and get a charter flight quote.
Top Travel Destinations in Cairns
Cairns has a number of travel destinations that both locals and tourists enjoy. While in Cairns, these are the destinations you consider visiting:
- Cairns Esplanade: Cairns Esplanade offers the best sunrise and sunsets. The Esplanade stretches along the seafront and holds a swimming lagoon, foreshore promenade and lush tropical parks which makes it a great destination for couples and families. Bird lovers can enjoy bird watching in the tidal flats and fringing mangroves. The region has a fascinating ecology that nature lovers will enjoy.
- Cairns Botanic Gardens: Established in 1886, Cairns Botanic Gardens has the best tropical plants collections in Australia. Visitors can take self-guided tours through various kaleidoscopic gardens which feature more than 4,000 different species of plants. Visitors can enjoy a magnificent view of the coast and town on the slopes of Mount Whitfield. Other highlights in Cairns Botanic Gardens include a Gondwanan Heritage Garden, fern house, a bamboo collection and the Aboriginal Plant Use Garden.
- Barron Gorge National Park: This Park is a jewel in the wilderness area in Cairns. The area is covered in dense rainforest cloaks which offer unspoiled natural beauty to visitors who love exploring nature. The Barron Falls is a particularly striking feature especially in the wet season. There are a number of different animal species in the rainforest that environmentalists and animal lover will enjoy.
- Green Island National Park: Green Island National Park is ringed by coral reefs and cloaked in rainforest which makes it a tropical island paradise. There are various activities visitors can indulge into including swimming, scuba diving, and snorkelling. Those who prefer not to engage in water activities can enjoy a trip in a glass-bottomed boat to enjoy the magnificent marine life. The lush greenery has well-maintained boardwalks which visitors can take a walk to enjoy the scenery and cool air. This national park has a neighbouring coral island known as Michaelmas Cay which is a habitat for thousands of sea birds.
- Palm Cove: Palm Cove is a palm-lined beach which has a number of pampering spa resorts. This destination offers the perfect picturesque stretch and has a number of cafes and restaurants along the beach. Animal lovers enjoy crocodile shows and Wildlife Park. Swimming is not allowed at all times due to crocodile encounters and box jellyfish. Palm cove is a perfect honeymoon destination for lovers and couples who can enjoy the sandy and breezy beaches. There are various resorts in Palm Cove which offer guests luxurious accommodation and spa treatments.
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park: The popular park is tucked in a lush rainforest, and is about a 15 minute-drive from Cairns. When you visit the park, you will be able to gain enriching insight into one of the pioneering cultures on Earth. The fascinating culture of the Tjapukai will be brought to life via various exhibits, storytelling, music, and performances. If you always wanted to experience flinging a boomerang or playing a didgeridoo, look no further than Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
Luxury Accommodation in Cairns
Complete your vacation at Cairns by staying one of the finest hotels located in the city. You may wish to consider staying at one of the options below after your chartered flight:
- Shangri-La Hotel The Marina Cairns
- Bloomfield Lodge
- Hilton Cairns
- Pullman Cairns International
- The Hotel Cairns
- Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
- Waters Edge Apartment Cairns
- Lizard Island Resort
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort
- Cairns Sheridan Hotel
- Mid City Luxury Suites
- Jack and Newell Cairns Holiday Apartments
- Vision Cairns Apartments
- Waters Edge Apartments
- Vue Apartments Trinity Beach
- The Reef House Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa
Airports in Cairns for Private Jet Charter
There is a decent number of reputable airports to choose from for your private aviation needs. Some of the airports that can be used to access Cairns include:
- Cairns Airport: Cairns Airport is located about 7km away from the city’s CBD and is one of Australia’s leading regional airports. The airport provides air links to an array of international and domestic destinations as well. Servicing more than five million passengers annually, Cairns Airport is the gateway to the Tropical Rainforests of North Queensland and World Heritage Great Barrier Reef. Apart from servicing regular commercial flights, Cairns Airport also handles general aviation flights. The airport has two passenger terminals and a single asphalt runway designated in the 15/33 direction.
- Mareeba Airfield: Mareeba Airfield was built in 1942 and was initially used as a US Army Air Force base. The airport is located about 8.3km south of Mareeba, Queensland. There are two runways in the airport, as well as a containment area, hardstands, and taxiways. Today, the southern runway remains as an active airfield. Operated by the Tablelands Regional Council, Mareeba Airfield’s runways are designated in the 10/28 direction.
- Innisfail Airport: Innisfail Airport is a public airport located in Innisfail, Queensland. Operated by the Cassowary Coast Regional Council, Innisfail Airport sits at an elevation of 46 feet above mean sea level. The airport also has two runways: asphalt and clay, which are designated in the 14/32 and 03/21 direction respectively.
- Townsville Airport: Townsville Airport is located approximately 349km from Cairns and is a major Australian regional airport. Also known as Garbutt Airport or Townsville International Airport, the airport also doubles as a defence facility, which shares access with RAAF Base Townsville. Townsville Airport features an integrated terminal building and four aerobridges. There are also two asphalt runways that are designated in the 01/19 and 07/25 directions.