Flightcharter.com.au arranges charter flights and private jets in Adelaide and throughout South Australia
Adelaide is a popular destination for charter flights. Adelaide is the fifth largest city in Australia and has an affluent heritage. Located in South Australia, the city’s prosperity is built on agriculture and mining which is evident up to date. Adelaide holds some of the finest travel treasures in Australia which include galleries, museums and gardens. It holds a lifestyle that many people dream about and offers the emotional and physical space to breathe. It is one of the top tourist attractions due to its rural landscapes which offer both locals and tourists a refreshing scene. The city of Adelaide has a great transport infrastructure which includes private jet and charter flights to get people to their destinations fast. Contact us today to discuss your private jet hire needs and get a charter flight quote.
Top Travel Destinations in Adelaide
While in Adelaide, the following are the top travel attractions that are a must see.
- Glenelg: Glenelg offers the perfect location for people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. People enjoy a quiet and relaxing time by the beach as they sun bath, fish, sail, swim with the dolphins and enjoy the breeze. Glenelg not only has a beach appeal but, it also has a fascinating history that makes the destination more interesting. There are various family-friendly attractions which makes it the ideal destination for friends and families. Couple looking to explore the area can enjoy lively summer entertainment, sidewalk cafes and boutique hotels.
- Adelaide Zoo: Animal and nature lovers will enjoy visiting the Adelaide Zoo. Established in the 19th century, the zoo holds a charismatic collection of animals. The zoo focuses on educating people about exotic animals and the importance of their preservation. There is a kids section at the zoo where they are allowed to touch and pet animals in a supervised environment. Some of the exotic animals in the zoo include quokkas, wallabies and kangaroos.
- Adelaide Festival Centre: Adelaide Festival Centre has a lively cultural calendar which excites both locals and tourists. The venue holds several smaller theatres some which can sit up to 2,000 people. People who love art can visit a gallery in the centre and thereafter they can visit a banquet room for recitals and concerts. The Adelaide Arts Festival hosts a number of operas, ballets, lectures, exhibitions and readings by famous writers. If one is lucky, they can get a backstage tour of the performances spaces and dressing rooms. There is ample parking at the centre.
- North Terrace: The North Terrace is the most imposing building in Adelaide. This building is bordered by the famous South Australian Museum, the Art Gallery of South Australia and the State Library of South Australia. This means that visitors visiting this destination enjoy a triple dose of arts and culture. Visitors can learn more about the history of Adelaide by visiting the North Terrace and its surroundings than in any other part of the city.
- Adelaide Botanic Garden: Established in 1855, Adelaide Botanic Garden is considered as the wonderland of botanical treasures. The garden features plantings such as Australian native species among others. Science lovers and environmentalists can learn a lot on how to preserve exotic plants. One of the outstanding features at the garden is a wetland that is designed to hold enough water which is used to irrigate the entire ground.
Luxury Accommodation in Adelaide
Complement your trip to Adelaide by staying at one the city’s many luxurious accommodations. You may wish to consider staying at one of the options below after your chartered flight:
- Peppers Waymouth Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide
- Mayfair Hotel
- InterContinental Adelaide
- Hilton Adelaide
- Clarion Hotel Soho
- Adelaide Luxury Beach House
- Beachside Beauty
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
- Oaks Plaza Pier
- The Playford Adelaide – Sofitel
- Stamford Grand Adelaide
Airports in Adelaide for Private Jet Charter
If you are chartering a private aircraft to Adelaide, you will be able to select from a range of airports for your arrival and departure needs. Here are some of the leading airports from which you can make arrangements for your private jet charter flight:
- Adelaide International Airport: This is the fifth busiest airport in Australia. Adelaide International Airport is the main airport in South Australia and services nearly nine million passengers annually. The airport has two asphalt runways that are designated in the 05/23 and 12/30 directions, and can handle over 80,000 aircraft movements each year.
- Port Augusta Airport: Port Augusta Airport stands at an elevation of 56 feet above sea level. The airport features a single asphalt runway that is designated in the 15/33 direction, and measures 5,400 feet in length.
- Whyalla Airport: Whyalla Airport is another airport which can be used for private jet charter to access Adelaide. Located in South Australia, Whyalla Airport stands at an elevation of 41 feet above sea level and has two runways: gravel and concrete. The runways are designated in the 05/23 and 17/35 directions.
- Port Lincoln Airport: Located approximately 241km from Adelaide, Port Lincoln Airport is a civil-military airport that services regular scheduled commercial flights as well as general aviation flights. Sitting at an elevation of 36 feet above sea level, the airport features three asphalt and gravel runways, and measures between 4,700 and 4,900 feet in length.
- Kingscote Airport: Kingscote Airport is located about 128km from Adelaide and is the main airport serving Kangaroo Island in Australia. The airport has the facilities to service both private jet charter flights and regular commercial flights, as well as an average of 50,000 passengers annually. Sitting at an altitude of 24 feet above sea level, Kingscote Airport features three runways. Its gravel runways are designated in the 06/24 and 15/33 directions, and its asphalt runway is designated in the 01/19 direction. The lengths of the runways are between 3,700 and 4,600 feet in length.